Thursday, August 4, 2011

What door do you wish to open?


I had a dream two nights in a row, where someone told me, "she does her own work" about my rival. I have never been a very competitive person, so I have been doing a lot of thinking about who this rival is. In my dreams, she has been a couple of different people. I am wondering it this rival is my essential self, the part of me that is truly creative and doesn't have to get ideas from others? Someone truly confident and self-assured enough to do her own work? find her own creativity? march to her own music?
So, the door I want to open is my door. The door with me on the other side. The door that shows my true self, creatively following her passion and doing her own work. I want to unlock it and let her come into my life and take over.

Jamie asked "What door do you wish to open." http://ht.ly/5U0MR, and this inspired my blog today.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful door to open - to YOU! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sam, that's a wonderful door. You can do this!! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it ....after all, don't we all have many different aspects of our selves, and therefore potentially doors ... which we can open. As you wish for yourself Alli, so I wish for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that everyone in our dreams is some aspect of ourselves, so it sounds like you're on the right track!!

    Opening the Door to Yourself sounds wonderful!

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very interesting - I love the theory that everyone in my dream is an aspect of myself. That would make me my own rival... and competitive with myself I am. Thank you! Love the insight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well our dreams are there for a reason. Just like as I was writing my wish.... something inside me kept saying, open the door to your heart..... still not sure what that means. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic wish! May you step through that door and into yourself. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea that I am becoming more me than ever before.

    ReplyDelete